Saturday 13 October 2018

Struggle in Todays Society

Salaam alaykom respected readers,
It has been a little while since I had a moment to post. A thought has been occupying my mind these days. I have recently moved to a city and came out of my hole of being a hermit, alone with my family, secluded in a rural area. It is no joke that this was certainly a culture shock when I moved back. I'm sure many of you have experienced this before at some degree or another, however if you haven't, this feeling is quiet hard to overcome. I'm very thankful that in my time of seclusion I studied a lot and still do which helps me be very firm in my faith! But I can't help but wonder how many of us weren't and some aren't educated enough... in fact prior to my seclusion I too use to live in this very city and was not educated, so the society alone was eating up my beliefs and taking my obedience to Allah away.
I haven't come here to call you down in fact I'm coming to you as I have been there before! I have been to my lowest times in my spirtual growth. To be totally open with you when I look back on pictures my heart hurts and I cant help but wonder why I choose that before. It wasn't until recently I realize what it was. I realized I had given into my desires for this world and traded my faith and hereafter for this world. Today after coming back to the area I once had been but as a different person and having a different purpose in life I have seen my dearest sisters and brothers struggling in this society between the world and the hereafter.
So my advise as small as it might be and how crazy it may seem especially to those who think they may already know the basic of Islam is get out and educate yourself! You can take online diploma for Islamic knowledge, I am a huge advocate that the more you learn about Allah, our Prophets, Imams and woman of Islamic history the more you will love them and become nearer to Allah and the more you will understand what Allah wants of you!
So take the steps even if it is 10 minutes a day to learn something, to get you closer to Allah swt. We all need to start somewhere, but if you never start you will lose yourself to this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ghadeer khum, Imam Ali (AS) Appointed?(sunni ref)

What happen at Ghadeer khum? How do we know ahlubayt AS didn't mean wives included? How do we know imam Ali AS was appointed? The event ...