Monday 25 June 2018

My Experence: Barzakh and Day of Judgement

Salaam alaykom to my readers,
How many of us have gone day by day with little to maybe even no reflection on our state in this world? No I don't mean the material state, if we have a car or house or if we can buy the newest smartphone. I mean our souls state. This is the most important thing we can really do for ourselves. Those things that are material will soon depart us and all we will be left with is how we maintained our souls. Did we do any good for it in this world? Did we collect more good deeds? Have we repented for those things that we did wrong? Our death is like one breath away and we can never be certain to our state for the here after, what will become of us in barzakh? Will we have made ourselves a paradise abode or will we have made ourselves the patch of hell to abide there in.
Can you imagine the intensity of the fire and the torments that will befall us if we don't pay heed.
For myself I have had my share of experiences that I should always reflect upon to always have taqwa (awareness of Allah).  I will share with you some of them.
Many nights I had repeated dreams of hitting the ditch in my vechile. It's was a very long time from the first one until the day me and my family got into an accident. The van hit ice on the way home. I wasn't aware of the road condition when it happen so I was going 100km. We fish tailed just missing some vechile one being a semi. Then at the last one I tried to touch the break as I was in the wrong lane and from a distance I could see another vechile. Not being experienced in the type of weather we where having and riding on only ice wasn't something I was familiar with. I touched the break to see if I could stop or slow down. My van spun out of control, flying backwards and side ways into the opposite side of the road heading for the ditch. I recall looking to my right and my eyes darted past my husband, who I could see was turned around trying to hold my son down (yes he was in a carseat and strapped in but I think out of fear for him he tried to brace him for the impacted we both assumed was about to take place) my vision turned to the ditch full of snow and for a split second all I thought was,  slam the breaks to try to slow the impact down. So I pushed my foot to the floor of the van and I seen the snow fly up beside us and the high weeds from the ditch. (Which was like my dreams before)  Within seconds we came to a gentle stop. I was stunned that we where all Ok, not even an egg was broken in the back of the van. More amazed of Allah's power was that the van came out with no damage!
This experience made me realize that Allah had power over all things, I mean I had already known it intellectually but never really reflected with an experience, which was a whole different thing.

Another thing was one I actually couldn't understand until now. It is another dream in which I saw the day of judgement. I watch a group of people gathered in front of a man on a throne and I knew these people where not good people and some I could tell where hypocrites. One was sentenced to hell and he tried to run away, he hit a door as this image (the angel that takes those souls to hell) flew after him and I heard someone laugh I told that person "it's not funny, he'll never be able to run away"

I tried to understand this dream and think about it but wasn't sure until last night what it maybe meant when something came toward me.

I was in my prayers just starting magrib I went down to do sajood when something came towards me. Now it was not the first time I've seen the black like thing but never where it's come at me like that. It was down and in a crawling, running position it came at me stopping as I almost hit sajood. I was startled but was able to continue and finish prayers. I was scared to be honest but after reflecting on what happen, whatever it was I realized that if I don't please Allah in all I do this fear that struck my chest last night would be the least of the fears that the grave will bring about.

May Allah help us all to go toward Him and run away from that which takes us away from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ghadeer khum, Imam Ali (AS) Appointed?(sunni ref)

What happen at Ghadeer khum? How do we know ahlubayt AS didn't mean wives included? How do we know imam Ali AS was appointed? The event ...